We buy houses in Manchester Connecticut and we are aware that relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Manchester home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Manchester.” The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their property quickly because we’re homebuyers in Manchester and we’re offering cash for houses in CT.
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place, like moving with kids or moving when your house hasn’t been sold yet – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change. You may need to hire a mover and downsize but don’t you worry. We can help!
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize Your CT Property
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Manchester CT, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Manchester CT… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your home is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no-cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the property may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able/willing to sell the property.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the property… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local home buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all-cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold on to this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, most your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your property for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that property through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the seller’s agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your property next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to Connecticut home buyers like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Manchester agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your property in CT to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way, that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people to solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Sell My House In Connecticut And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Manchester?
We are home cash buyers. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Manchester CT homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to).
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent.
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees.
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we purchase houses in as-is condition).
- … or a variety of other reasons.
Sell Your House In Manchester Connecticut
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
If you are thinking… “I want to sell my house in CT now”, we can help you. We’re passionate people, and we believe in the Manchester community. We’re honest and straightforward. We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.